SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
The Empowerment Program
Must maintain an active certification or licensure with the Department of Regulatory Agencies, be in good standing, and provide proof therein to the Director of Substance Abuse Treatment Services at the Empowerment Program. Must be able to work with a team and work in a relational, assets-based, harm reduction model of services for women.
Substance Abuse Counselor Job Duties:
- Provide outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment to women with co-occurring disorders and histories of trauma.
- Conduct substance abuse and bio-psycho-social assessments on all individuals entering ADAD substance abuse treatment at Empowerment.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate weekly substance abuse classes or support groups.
- Facilitate trauma, drug treatment classes at the Denver County Jail.
- Adhere to the substance abuse treatment policies and procedures at the Empowerment Program.
- Create monthly or bi-monthly treatment success plans with participants enrolled in substance abuse treatment.
- Maintain treatment charts that adhere to the policies and procedures required by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division of Colorado Department of Human Services.
- Case Management: Substance Abuse Counselors at the Empowerment Program also provide case management services. Following is the job description for case managers at the Empowerment Program.
- Manage case load of 30-50 participants
- Provide thorough case management services following the Schematic Case Management Model including: For a more detailed description of these duties please see below.
- Intake and assessment (most of intake will happen at time of orientation)
- Goal Setting
- Resource identification
- Intervention Development
- Treatment Planning
- Referrals to Counseling or Therapy
- Knowledge of all programs, groups, and classes that the Empowerment Program offers to ensure appropriate internal referrals.
- Knowledge and compliance of the Empowerment Program’s company policy and procedures as well as the substance abuse treatment policies procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of community resources to provide appropriate case management referrals.
- CareWare Data Entry for program enrollment, case management appointments, or financial assistance.
- Schedule is 8:30am-5:00pm with an hour lunch from 12:00-1:00. These hours may be changed as needed for group coverage for early weekday evening groups.
- Attend weekly team treatment meetings and monthly staff meetings.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, or yearly reports as required by project.
- Provide monthly requested probation reports and additional program repsortsfor all participants on probation in a timely manner.
- Assist with Empowerment Orientation at least one day per week by providing intake assessments for new participants.
Physical Requirements: Prolonged sitting (during therapy sessions, while completing reports or documentation, etc.) with some standing and walking. Lifting, pushing and pulling activities are minimal and occasional only. Must be able to walk up and down stairs in the building. Hand use is occasional to frequent, generally in handwriting, computer use, reviewing files or using toys / games or other therapeutic devices. Average vision and hearing are required, with some accommodations available. Must have basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, Office 365, etc.
Other Duties Might Include: Program outreach, attending conferences, additional trainings, etc. – Other Duties as Assigned
Please send your resume and cover letter to Carol Lease, Executive Director: