HIV Prevention Outreach Specialist
Location: Denver, Colorado
Job Description: This position is responsible for providing HIV testing, outreach and prevention services to persons who are living with HIV and persons at increased risk for HIV who are HIV-negative or whose HIV status is unknown.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in counseling, human services, or a related field and a minimum of three years of experience working in African-American and/or Latinx communities. Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with teams of internal and external partners dedicated to eradicating HIV in Latinx and African-American communities. Preferred: One year of experience providing HIV prevention or care services including conducting HIV testing and counseling. Educational substitution: Three years of experience providing HIV prevention or care services which included at least one year conducting HIV testing and counseling may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree.
HIV Prevention Outreach Specialist Responsibilities include:
- Conducts select STI, hepatitis C, and HIV testing in various agency and community settings.
- Performs HIV/STI outreach, education, counseling, and referral activities tailored to meet the needs of people who are living with HIV or at increased risk for HIV in the Denver/Aurora metropolitan area.
- Tracks, distributes, and maintains HIV prevention supplies at community outreach and other locations.
- Participates in the development of plans and recruitment strategies designed to identify and engage eligible program participants.
- Participates in identifying and establishing working relationships with appropriate public and private partners and venues to engage prioritized populations (e.g., African-Americans, Latinos, men who have sex with men, persons who inject drugs, transgender women, homeless or unstably housed persons)
- Maintains accurate and complete participant records. Documents service, participation, outreach, counseling, testing, referral and other activities as outlined by the CDC, state, and Empowerment Program guidelines and recommendations. Maintains security and confidentiality of participant records in accordance with state and federal requirements.
Department: Health – Denver-Aurora HIV Prevention Partnership Status: Full-time, 40 hours.
The Empowerment Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer