Peer Recovery Case Manager will be encouraged to utilize client-centered, trauma-informed, harm reduction and strengths-based approaches to working with women in recovery and mental health services. To provide intensive one to one and group peer recovery services. Assist with MAT, Social Security acquisition, health coverage and SNAP/TANF/ RTD services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct GPRA interviews, orientation intakes, follow up intakes at 6-month mark, administer SBIRT screening
- Advocates on behalf of participant within the community as necessary to assist in the independent living processes.
- Meets with participants to establish rapport, provide hope, and support.
- Assists participant in articulating personal goals for recovery and determining objectives/steps needed to reach their goals.
- Weekly Outreach at locations identified as places that the populations of focus receive services, work, socialize or live.
- Provides referral, linkage, and advocacy for participants assisting them in obtaining needed benefits and resources including, but not limited to, housing, social security, employment, medical, recreation, social and family supports, nutrition and wellness information and medication.
- Assists other staff in identifying program and service environments conducive to recovery.
- Helps participants to recognize and utilize their own strengths, skills, talents and abilities to increase the participant ’s independence and self-sufficiency in the community.
- Must document accurately and in a timely manner participant progress through progress notes, service plans and follow-up contacts according to agency policy and procedure.
Performs other duties as required and/or assigned by supervisor and/or executive staff.
2-5 years of on the job/lived experience.
Able to multi-task.
Able to make independent judgement and sound decisions using available information while maintaining confidentiality.
Send resume to Barb Youel-Bendz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 303-320-1989, Ext. 209