HIV PREVENTION OUTREACH SPECIALIST
The Empowerment Program
Job Description: This position is responsible for providing HIV testing, outreach and prevention services to women and transgender women who are living with HIV as evidenced by their having a positive HIV test and women and transgender women who are at high risk for HIV who are HIV-negative or whose HIV status is unknown.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in counseling, human services, social work, or a related field and a minimum of three years of experience working in African-American and/or Latinx communities. Must be mature with demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with teams of internal and external partners dedicated to eradicating HIV in Latinx and African-American communities. Preferred: Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) III level. Bi-lingual English/Spanish. One year of experience providing HIV prevention or care services.
DAHPP Outreach Responsibilities include:
- Conducts select STI, hepatitis C, and HIV testing.
- Performs HIV/STI outreach, education, counseling, and referral activities.
- Orders, tracks, distributes, and maintains HIV prevention supplies at community outreach and other locations.
- Co-develops recruitment strategies and plans to identify and engage eligible program participants.
- Identifies and establishes working relationships with appropriate public and private partners and venues to engage prioritized populations (e.g., African-Americans, Latinos, persons who inject drugs, transgender women, homeless or unstably housed persons).
- Maintains accurate and complete participant records. Documents service, participation, outreach, counseling, testing, referral and other activities as outlined by CDC guidelines and recommendations. Maintains security and confidentiality of participant records in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Reaches out to high-risk negative and undiagnosed persons living with HIV metropolitan Denver metropolitan.
Department: Health – Denver-Aurora HIV Prevention Partnership
Status: Full-time, 40 hours.
Open until filled.
The Empowerment Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer