Behavioral Therapist, Men’s RISE Program
Are you interested in trauma-informed or gender-responsive services? Are you someone who is concerned about the incarceration of people struggling with substance use or mental health issues? If so, you may be a great fit for this opportunity. The Empowerment Program is seeking a part-time Behavioral Therapist to provide trauma-informed services for the Men’s RISE (Recovery in a Secure Environment) Program at Denver County Jail. The RISE program is a peer-led substance abuse recovery program that is funded by Jail Based Behavioral Health Services. The Empowerment Program provides trauma education and treatment services for participants in this program.
The Behavioral Therapist position is responsible for:
- Facilitating psychoeducational groups using trauma-informed, gender-responsive curriculum (e.g. Helping Men Recover, M-TREM)
- Conducting intakes, trauma screens, and assessments
- Providing brief interventions and referral to post-release treatment
- Participating in a treatment team at Denver County Jail
- Completing monthly and semi-annual reports
- Entering program participation data
- Conducting administrative tasks related to documentation and confidential participant records
- Participating in ongoing clinical supervision
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or other counseling-related field.
- Experience with psychoeducational group facilitation.
- Ability to be cleared for entry into Denver County Jail.
- Willingness to hold the complexity trauma-informed services within a correctional environment.
- Ability to participate in ongoing self-care.
The Empowerment Program is a trauma-informed non-profit agency that values harm reduction and feminist approaches to direct care. If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter addressing the position responsibilities and requirements to Executive Director Carol Lease at firstname.lastname@example.org.